LGBT PRIDE MONTH AND THE MENTAL HEALTH OVERLAP

   June marks LGBT Pride month, the chance for anyone who self-identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender to celebrate inclusivity as part of the community, inspired by the Stonewall Riots in Manhattan, 1969; 49 years since the rioters fought for the fair treatment of the LGBT Community. Everyone around the world is doing their […]

ACCESS GENERATION PART 2: THE PILOT

Click here for Part 1 Before we dive deep into the fruitful collaboration between Access Generation and Talent Match Leicestershire, let’s get the obvious stuff out of the way first. Who is Access Generation? Access Generation is a CIC (Community Interest Company), founded in September 2016 by Chris Tarry. This up-and-coming enterprise set out to […]

SOCIAL ISOLATION: THE INVISIBLE BARRIER

As everyone sails through life, there is a general expectation for all of the things you should be doing in life, be they professional or social expectations. Maybe you need to have a certain qualification, or working for a particular salary, or maybe you need to be the life and soul of a party. A […]

IS THERE SUCH A THING AS UNIVERSAL SUPPORT?

   When a teacher is stood before a class of students, they will adapt a fairly mainstream method that can be taken on board by at least 90% of the class. Everyone’s happy, right? Well, except for the remaining 10% who feel like their missing out for whatever reason. Possibly because they have a hidden […]

MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID: YOUTH TRAINING: PART 2 OF 2

Click here for Part 1 When you’re doing several days’ worth of training, there’s the frequent belief that you after the first day of uncertainty, you won’t have to worry about finding yourself in unfamiliar waters. And then you actually do the next day of training and familiarity goes out the window all over again. […]